Villarreal star says they are prepared to suffer against Manchester United
Villarreal defender Juan Foyth has told AS that the Spanish side are prepared to dig deep against Manchester United.
The Spanish side know they are in for a tough night this Wednesday at Old Trafford and know there will be spells of sustained pressure from the home side.
But Villarreal are confident in their defensive abilities, understandably so.
They held Real Madrid to a 0-0 draw at the weekend, contained United in the Europa League final, and recently played out a Super Cup draw with Chelsea.
Foyth insists though that Villarreal are going to Manchester United to try and win.
The Argentine defender told AS: “Obviously these teams like Madrid, United, Chelsea or Atlético are very competitive, very complete and one of the best in the world, we all know that.
“But the idea is to continue working with the same humility, understanding the games, knowing how to suffer when it is necessary to suffer.
“And we are going to go with the desire to take the three points and position ourselves in the Champions League.”
Villarreal showed United already that they are no pushovers. The Europa League final is fresh in the memory and that will inspire confidence.
United’s defeat against Aston Villa at the weekend was also just what they would have wanted to see.
Villarreal have struggled to win games this season but they have also been hard to beat. Their draw with Real Madrid showed their resilience.
The Spanish side are hoping striker Gerard Moreno will be passed fit to play after missing their last couple of games through injury. His continued absence would be a major blow, and a big help to United considering our own defensive injuries.
- Barcelona 'have already prepared a farewell video' for Frenkie de Jong ahead of Manchester United move
- 22-year-old Manchester United attacker could sign with Malacia's club, 'talks imminent'
- '100 per cent'… Champions League winner has tipped imminent Manchester United signing to cause 'headaches' for opponents
- 4 players impacted by Malacia to Manchester United, two could be sold
- 6 Belgium players who have represented Manchester United as 52-cap star interests Ten Hag
- £87m triple swoop would be unbelievable value for Manchester United
- 3 players who have featured for Manchester United and Feyenoord as Ten Hag closes in on £15m move; including CL winner
- 'Absolutely essential'… Club want major Manchester United transfer deal done as quickly as possible
- Manchester United's unwanted players hold the key to the transfer window