Uruguayan releases Edinson Cavani song in tribute to Manchester United striker
If you love Edinson Cavani, turn the volume up as loud as possible and hit play.
You won’t be disappointed…
The song above is written by Uruguayan superfan Sebastian Gomez Barbosa.
He describes himself as a musician and a biology student.
Explaining his idea for the song, he says he came up with it when he could not sleep.
Barbosa told Uruguayan newspaper Ovacion: “The idea came a bit as a joke and a bit seriously. In January of this year, one morning where I usually have insomnia problems, the refrain came to me. I got up and that same night I wrote the song.”
After roping in his cousin Leonardo De Los Santos, he recorded a music video combining murals of Cavani and video clips of the striker’s goals, and uploaded it to Youtube less than 24 hours ago.
He says he has sent a copy of the video to Cavani’s mother in Uruguay and is waiting for a response.
Cavani is currently back in Uruguay training with the national team. He is suspended for the match this week, but will be eligible to play in the Copa America if it goes ahead.
Cavani scored 17 goals for Manchester United in his debut season for the club and has become a big hit with supporters.
- Guillem Balague says Cristiano Ronaldo departure from Manchester United being worked on
- Manchester United prepared to wait until deadline day to sell 28-year-old on permanent deal
- Mick Beale explains why QPR fans should be “really excited” about Manchester United loanee Ethan Laird
- 26-year-old Manchester United ace gives Erik ten Hag timely boost
- Erik ten Hag could be about to have his own Danny Welbeck moment
- 'I would never'… Pundit warns over 'very dangerous' Manchester United signing strategy
- 'Big moments'… One Manchester United owned player ended weekend with manager signing his praises
- £46m Manchester United star's comments about his start before give optimism for future
- Club CEO has admitted Manchester United strike target with £60m release clause could leave