Reported Manchester United transfer target Filip Stevanovic made an impact at the weekend in his latest appearance for Partizan Belgrade.
Serbian newspaper Republika reported just over a week ago that United had agreed a 12 million Euros (£10.8m) move to sign him, and then loan him back for the season.
However there has not since been any confirmation from either club, and Stevanovic’s future remains up in the air.
This weekend he was in action for Partizan, his second match since the United rumours broke.
He made a decisive impact as these screengrabs from a video shown by Serbian outlet Mondo show, winning a penalty as Partizan beat Indija 5-0.
Stevanovic is only 17-years-old and this was his 44th game for Partizan Belgrade’s first team.
The youngster has started all five of Partizan’s matches this season since the Serbian league restarted.
United’s penalty kings
Manchester United earned a staggering 23 penalties during the 2019/20 season.
This was the result of quick interplay between the forwards, clever passing, and having players who are willing to take defenders on.
If he signs, Stevanovic can fit perfectly into the attacking philosophy with his ability to switch direction and take on opponents.
With the report on his signing suggesting he would be loaned back to Partizan for the year, when he does join in 2021, he will hope to go into first team contention rather than play for the under-23s.
He is picking up valuable experience in Partizan’s first XI right now, and games like this one highlight his ability.
Earlier this month Stevanovic dropped a hint he was Old Trafford-bound, with an Instagram post tagging himself at the stadium.
- Cavani needs one more subsitute goal to equal Solskjaer record
- Jack Grealish responds to Dean Henderson’s new look
- Joel Glazer comments in announcement to plan Super League
- ‘Absolute scandal’… Gary Neville rages against proposed European Super League reports and Glazers
- Three big positives from Manchester United’s win over Burnley
- What channel is the Man Utd v Burnley Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Three key questions as Raphael Varane to Manchester United links ramp up
- Youngster Malachi Sharpe undergoes first Manchester United academy training session
- Manchester United U23s deservedly beaten by ruthless Manchester City