United make Angel Gomes improved contract offer - Report
Manchester United are hoping that an improved contract offer can sway Angel Gomes into staying.
The Metro report United have offered Gomes a better offer than the £25,000 per week two year deal previously on the table.
This latest offer is worth £30,000 per week and runs for three years through to 2023.
The same outlet had previously reported interest from Chelsea, but go onto claim United believe the hold up is all about getting a better offer, rather than switching clubs.
Decision could come soon
United were successful in extending Tahith Chong’s contract earlier this month.
The young Dutchman is making promising progress, with two assists in his last 64 minutes of first team football.
Gomes has had bright moments this season without really making the next step and United appear hesitant to throw him in.
This latest report highlights that United do want to keep him and adding an extra year to the offer could be very important, giving Gomes more security.
If he breaks into the first team as a regular then it won’t be long until Gomes earns a further pay rise in any case. But first he has to earn it.
One thing Gomes may have an eye on is how much in terms of salary United may offer to Jude Bellingham in an attempt to sign the Birmingham midfielder.
Bellingham is three years younger than Gomes and it’s very possible he would be offered more tan £30,000 per week.
- £59.7m Manchester United target reportedly set to sign four-year deal around £350,000 per week
- Report: Casemiro could undergo Manchester United medical tomorrow
- Manchester United expected to move for 23-year-old after new £67.6m bid rejected
- 'Serious target': Manchester United identify £25.5m attacker as top option – Report
- Sir Jim Ratcliffe's Chelsea pledge to invest £1.75bn over 10 years gives Manchester United fans tantalising glimpse of what could be