Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer got his starting line up spot on against Everton.
With so many options available in attack, midfield, and defence, Solskjaer has tough decisions each and every time he picks a team.
With a fortnight between matches, there will probably be a few changes for United’s next game at home to West Brom.
We have picked out three changes from United’s starting XI against Everton which could be made…
Donny van de Beek in for Juan Mata
Juan Mata did his job well for United against Everton without ever really taking hold of the game.
He touched the ball 33 times in 81 minutes before being substituted.
United need to experiment with Donny van de Beek in this role. He is well disciplined and unlikely to let the team down.
Van de Beek has shown early in his career that he can be a threat in front of goal. Getting him into a position where he can get inside the penalty area is important.
A home game against the winless Baggies is an ideal time to give him a first league start.
Edinson Cavani in for Anthony Martial
Edinson Cavani only needed one chance to score against Everton. After coming on in the 81st minute he finished clinically to seal United’s win.
Anthony Martial flattered to deceive once again, failing to register a shot on target at Goodison Park.
Cavani is due a start and Martial should be the one to drop out rather than Marcus Rashford.
If United can get Cavani starting and scoring regularly then this side could do some serious damage.
Alex Telles in for Luke Shaw
Alex Telles is another new signing who needs games, after an unfortunate illness-interrupted start at United to date.
This change could be enforced, with Luke Shaw picking up an injury against Everton.
As well as Shaw has played lately, Telles can offer a higher attacking upside, and he could be key to getting the best from Edinson Cavani too.
The game against West Brom is an ideal one for Telles to make his Old Trafford debut.
- Manchester United youngster Will Fish impacted by manager change
- Cristiano Ronaldo expecting twins with girlfriend
- Conte may be a serial winner domestically but he hasn’t cracked Europe
- Manchester United loanee Dylan Levitt dominates in Dundee United draw
- Marcus Rashford sends message as he looks to fix Manchester United situation
- Three quick fix signings Manchester United could make in January to get back on track
- Manchester United youngster Sonny Aljofree celebrates meeting Cristiano Ronaldo
- Is a diamond formation the solution to Manchester United’s problems?
- Manchester United youngster Malachi Sharpe scores on Scotland under-17 debut
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message as he looks to bounce back with Manchester United