Telles outlines United ambitions as he nears injury return
Manchester United defender Alex Telles has not played a competitive game yet this season.
He picked up an injury during pre-season which has kept him out of action so far.
But ahead of the EFL Cup clash with West Ham, Telles told the club website he’s feeling much better now.
And he said once he’s back, he wants to win every trophy on offer this season.
“I feel good. Things happen in football. I wasn’t very happy about that [the injury] but I took advantage of the situation by working harder,” he said.
“I feel better than before, I feel better prepared and stronger, physically and mentally. I’m much better and I’m thrilled to be back.
“Whenever I get the chance to play, I’ll give everything for Manchester United to win the lot.
“After the game at West Ham, I feel we’re better prepared and, of course, we want to win and play as well as we can to get through.”
Telles will hope for a chance to shine
Tomorrow’s game could come too early for Telles, although he is back in training and resting Luke Shaw wouldn’t be the worst idea.
He needs that first game back to remind Ole Gunnar Solskjaer what he can do.
His set-piece delivery can be very good, and United fans will want to see him bombing on from left-back when he gets his chance.
Shaw established himself as first choice last season and has been strong at the start of the campaign, which means Telles has to be on top of his game when he does get a start – whenever that proves to be.
- 'Could be good for United'… French expert says £19m star could thrive under Ten Hag
- £35m star's possible Manchester United move spells trouble for two Red Devils stars
- Midfield star Rangnick recommended is available: Manchester United would be fools not to sign him
- Attacking star Ten Hag managed asks lawyer to find new club amid Manchester United links
- New twist in future of Manchester United star with no goals in nearly 7 months