Telles, Matic and Martial doing extra training during week off
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has given his Manchester United squad a week off, according to the Daily Mail.
Many players are away on international duty, but those who are not have a break from training.
Solskjaer himself has apparently headed back to Norway with his family at a time when he is under extreme pressure and fighting to save his job.
But some United players have been pictured doing some extra training during their downtime.
Telles has flown to Portugal, home of his former club Porto, and posted a photo of him at a performance and wellness centre.
Telles also went back to Porto during the last international break, when he made a visit to his old club.
Nemanja Matic has also posted a photo of himself at a training and recovery centre in Belgrade, the capital of his native Serbia.
SportLab apparently offer an individual approach to training for professional athletes and Matic has paid a visit during his week off.
Anthony Martial uploaded a video of himself working hard on an exercise bike.
He has not played for United since the 1-1 draw with Everton, in which he scored before limping off early in the second half.
Martial was on the bench for the games against Atalanta and Manchester City and is continuing his route back to full fitness.
The merits of Solskjaer giving his players a week off while the scrutiny is so intense will be debated.
Many will likely feel that Solskjaer should be hard at work with the players he has, given how bad United’s run of form and performances have been.
A break could do the players and their manager good and at least three of them have clearly taken the chance to do some extra physical work.
- £42m PL move has double impact for Manchester United, including over 21-year-old star
- 'Love the way he plays football'… Rio Ferdinand raved about £60m Manchester United target
- Report: Manchester United enquire after Mexico international winger who is open to offers
- 18 wins from 20 games: Star has good reason for being tempted by Manchester United move
- Photo: 20-year-old Manchester United wonderkid compared to De Ligt closing in on return after being missing all summer