Tahith Chong’s loan at Werder Bremen is off to a promising start.
After providing an assist against LASK on his debut last week, Chong now has a goal to his name too.
Again it was just a friendly match so will not count towards his season figures, but it sets the Manchester United loanee up nicely for a strong season.
Chong scored in a friendly win over Dutch side FC Groningen, with his 34th minute strike putting Werder Bremen 4-0 up.
It was an impressive individual goal, with Chong once again starting out on the right wing.
Chong has just also been called up for the Dutch under-21 squad.
This loan is an opportunity for him to kickstart his career at a club where he will play regularly.
It was encouraging to see him start and he looks set to be a key player for his side when the Bundesliga kicks off in September.
United hope he will return a stronger player, ready to compete more intensely for a first team place, full of confidence.
The young winger plays in a position where United are short, and this loan has the potential to be very useful for club and player, so long as he keeps this form up when the competitive matches begin.
Chong is making Manchester United fans pay attention with his encouraging start for Werder…
Manchester United loan exits 20/21
- Tahith Chong
Werder Bremen (season)
- Aliou Traore
SM Caen (season)
- Matej Kovar
Swindon Town (season)
- Joel Pereira
Huddersfield Town (season)
- Dylan Levitt
Charlton Athletic (season)
- James Garner
- Andreas Pereira
- Max Taylor
Kidderminster (until January)
- Diogo Dalot
AC Milan (season)
- Di’Shon Bernard
Salford City (until January)
- Jake Carney
Brighouse Town (season)
- Max Haygarth
Brentford B (until January)
- Five things we learned as Manchester United draw 0-0 with Chelsea
- Manchester United’s three best players in draw against Chelsea
- Charlie McNeill scores brace on competitive under-18s debut as Noam Emeran shines
- Joel Pereira’s latest loan spell is doing him no favours so far
- Manchester United’s three best players in U23 win over Everton
- Manchester United fans react to Facundo Pellistri’s under-23s debut
- Tuanzebe could prove Manchester United don’t need Upamecano when they clash
- Facundo Pellistri features as Manchester United U23s secure dramatic late win
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Chelsea
- United won’t break the bank to keep Paul Pogba