A number of players were not involved for Manchester United in today’s final training session before travelling to Austria.
United confirmed Anthony Martial, Jesse Lingard, and Diogo Dalot were all absent.
Paul Pogba was also missing, despite The Mail reporting he could be in consideration for the LASK tie.
There was also a surprise face, 23-year-old goalkeeper Kieran O’Hara.
O’Hara is on loan at Burton Albion but is serving a six game ban for allegedly biting an opponent.
He was working with David de Gea and Sergio Romero and the goalkeeping coaches. He is not eligible to be involved against LASK.
This was at least a good chance for the coaches to get a good look at the Ireland international ahead of the summer.
Rest or precaution?
There is no current reason given for Martial, Lingard and Dalot missing the session.
Martial may have been in line to be rested against LASK ahead of this weekend’s tie with Tottenham.
Both Lingard and Dalot are in need of game time and would have been expected to travel to Austria.
They still might, but right now United are evidently preparing to be without them for the fixture.
The club website notes regarding the missing players: “This does not necessarily rule them out of the travelling squad.”
- Solskjaer switch to diamond offers Van de Beek hope
- Willy Kambwala makes impressive academy debut
- United will be impacted by Everton’s double suspension
- Manchester United loanee Levitt substituted off at half-time in Charlton win
- Manchester United now have an unpredictable approach which Solskjaer must master