Solskjaer says Rashford is back in his squad vs Leicester
Manchester United’s clash with Leicester at the King Power Stadium has long since been Marcus Rashford’s target for his return from injury.
At his press conference ahead of the game against Brendan Rodgers’ side, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer confirmed Rashford will be back in the fold.
Rashford scored in a friendly win during the international break and now he is fully fit.
“He’s in the squad, yes,” said Solskjaer of Rashford.
“If he’s going to start or not, I can’t tell you now because it wouldn’t be right but he’s worked really hard throughout the whole lay-off.
“He’s been really bright this week, he had a 60-minute involvement in a behind-closed-doors game last week so he’s fit and raring to go”
It would perhaps be a surprise to see Rashford rushed straight back into action.
In part, that is because United now have so many attacking options that they can cope with Rashford on the bench while he eases his way back in.
It is also because being overplayed and rushed back from injuries played a part in Rashford struggling to find top form at times last season.
That said, Solskjaer might decide that United need a spark and the refreshed Englishman can provide it.
Either way, United need a stronger and more cohesive team than they have managed to produce since the 4-1 win over Newcastle on September 11.
- 6 Belgium players who have represented Manchester United as 52-cap star interests Ten Hag
- £87m triple swoop would be unbelievable value for Manchester United
- 3 players who have featured for Manchester United and Feyenoord as Ten Hag closes in on £15m move; including CL winner
- 'Absolutely essential'… Club want major Manchester United transfer deal done as quickly as possible
- Manchester United's unwanted players hold the key to the transfer window