Solskjaer says Rashford has returned to full training
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has conducted his press conference ahead of the visit of Everton.
Solskjaer’s briefing was streamed live on the club’s official app at 1.30pm and he was asked for the latest team news.
He said that United didn’t lose anyone on Wednesday night against Villarreal, despite Alex Telles seeming to limp off late on.
Solskjaer confirmed Marcus Rashford returned to contact training today and is on course to be ready after the international break.
Marcus trained fully for the first time today with contact,” said Solskjaer.
“There were a few tackles flying in on him and he seemed okay, which was nice to see.
“Marcus is fit, he’s worked really hard, but he’s not had any contact [until now]. If his shoulder can take the contact now, he should be ready after the internationals.”
“Harry [Maguire] is still out and Amad is still out. We didn’t lose anyone on Wednesday night. Luke feels better in himself. He’s been ill but he’s still got the shoulder injury.
Rashford tweeted earlier on in the week to say that he was due to return to light contact training soon.
It seems he is involved with full contact already and is taking challenges from his teammates well.
All being well, he should be able to return after the international break, where he has of course been omitted from the England squad.
The news is good about Telles, and it seems Luke Shaw will be given every chance to prove his fitness.
- 'Total package': Incoming Manchester United signing is a force to be reckoned with
- 'He will get him'… De Jong could be presented by United at weekend, claims reliable journalist
- De Jong and Antony 'like' Manchester United star's Instagram post on training under Ten Hag
- Barcelona 'have already prepared a farewell video' for Frenkie de Jong ahead of Manchester United move
- 22-year-old Manchester United attacker could sign with Malacia's club, 'talks imminent'