Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has conducted his press conference ahead of Manchester United’s trip to Leicester.
The briefing was streamed live on United’s official app and website at 1.30 where Solskjaer was asked about the injury situation ahead of the game.
Solskjaer confirmed that captain Harry Maguire had returned to full training with the team on Friday.
He also said that wonderkid Amad was in the same situation, as he moves closer to his first appearance of the season.
“Harry’s just joined us on the grass this morning,” said Solskjaer. “That was the first time he has been on the grass with us.
“Amad; first time on the grass today as well so we look quite strong.”
He also said he is not expecting to use Fred or Edinson Cavani at the King Power Stadium, as per the club website.
“With regards to Fred and Edinson, they played a full game this morning, half 1 it kicked off, so of course we’re not counting on them,”
It does not appear that Maguire is going to be fully fit in time to face his former club.
But the signs are good, and Solskjaer’s comments add to Maguire’s update from earlier in the week that he is progressing well.
Amad may find it hard to break into the side with so many attacking options, but getting back fit is the first step.
From there, he may well look to go out on loan in January and there is apparently plenty of interest in his services.
- Newcastle targeting loan deal for Manchester United ace, prepared to cover 100% of wages
- What channel is Brentford v Manchester United on? Kick off time, live stream and team news
- Manchester United will need to move the ball quickly to bypass Brentford's top-tackler
- Rangnick says £50m man is set to miss Manchester United's next two Premier League games
- One of Manchester United's top manager targets gets easier as club contact replacement