Manchester United completed the signing of Amad Diallo on transfer deadline day, but he remains at Atalanta until January.
Diallo is still yet to start a professional game, but has come on as a substitute for the Serie A side in their last two matches.
That led to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer being asked about the winger in his press conference ahead of the trip to face West Ham.
It was streamed on the club’s official app at 1:30pm on 04/12, and Solskjaer was effusive in his praise for Diallo.
“Amad [Diallo] has come on a few times for Atalanta and is a very exciting talent,” said Solskjaer.
“Hopefully we’ll get the work permit and he’ll be with us in January. He’s a very, very exciting boy as well.”
It was reported last month that United still hadn’t finalised a work permit for Diallo and it appears Solskjaer is still waiting.
With under a month until the January transfer window opens, hopefully United get the issue resolved soon.
In the meantime, it’s promising to see Diallo get games for Atalanta before moving to United.
He’s had precious little senior football in his career and the experience is only going to help him adjust at United.
Solskjaer is clearly excited about having him involved next month – provided the paperwork is all in order by then.
- Next Manchester United manager: Four replacements if Solskjaer is sacked
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat
- David de Gea sends strong message to Manchester United fans
- Jesse Lingard clarifies what happened with Manchester United fan
- Bastian Schweinsteiger reacts to Manchester United’s defeat to Liverpool