Solskjaer says Victor Lindelof still a doubt to face City
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has held his press conference ahead of Saturday’s derby with Manchester City.
This is United’s first home fixture since the 5-0 defeat to Liverpool.
The key line from Solskjaer’s presser is Victor Lindelof’s fitness.
The Swede did not travel to Italy for the game with Atalanta after picking up a knock in training on Monday.
Lindelof could make a quick recovery but Solskjaer says he is still a doubt.
Solskjaer said: “He’s still a doubt but hopefully he can come back in tomorrow and say that he’s ready. I can’t promise you.”
He added Raphael Varane is expected to be out for ‘four or five weeks’.
Lindelof could play as part of a back three along with Eric Bailly and Harry Maguire,
Or he could be selected as part of a two. Solskjaer would have to select two from three.
But with question marks over his fitness, it is more likely Bailly plays.
Solskjaer describd Bailly’s performance as ‘excellent’ in his press conference, talking up the importance of his squad.
United can go level on points with City with a win and ease much of the pressure on Solskjaer.
The last meeting between the two teams was a 2-0 win for United last season, although City won the last match at Old Trafford by the same scoreline in the Carabao Cup semi-final.
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'
- An XI of players that has played with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi including 3 former Manchester United stars
- Manchester United loanee gets international call despite only 71 minutes action in four months
- Manchester United can take real positive signs from Ajax's two award winners
- Bayern Munich fear wanted star is heading to sign for Manchester United
- Photo: 17-year-old FA Youth Cup winner signs first Manchester United contract
- Paul Pogba would be Manchester United's big loser if transfer deal for Champions League winner is sealed