Paul Pogba was the picture of happiness after scoring his first goal of the season last night.
The Frenchman scored a goal right from the training ground as he curled in a shot from outside the box after Bruno Fernandes picked him out from a corner.
Pogba told the club website this week how much he is enjoying life at United right now, and it shows out on the pitch.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer spoke the the club website after the match and told how Pogba’s happiness radiated through the dressing room.
His comments also served to highlight that this was not the case before the injury he suffered earlier in the season.
Solskjaer said: “You can see he’s enjoying himself. The team is a different team to the one he left when he was injured. He’s focused and the attitude is everything. It’s miles better in that dressing room.”
Solskjaer has the inside track on what the dressing room was like when he arrived at the club, and last summer.
Just a year ago, Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola was publicly pushing for a transfer, and even before Uniteds pre-season tour of Australia, there was debate over whether he would even fly out.
Pogba did, but seemingly begrudgingly. He seemed to be going through the motions in pre-season and at the start of 2019/20, and did not give a single interview.
Perhaps he was frustrated that United had provided him with no extra help in midfield after yet another transfer window. He seemed tired of having to shoulder the club’s burden.
Either way, Pogba’s previously unengaged state was hardly conducive to a happy dressing room, and will have negatively impacted the players around him.
Now with Bruno Fernandes signed, the pair are clicking straight away, and United are flying. Even more investment should be forthcoming in the next transfer window.
As Solskjaer says, United can now move past what happened before. This is a happy squad, with a rejuvenated star midfielder.
- Partizan manager speaks on Stevanovic’s value amid United speculation
- Three reasons Manchester United should consider Said Benrahma move
- United would reportedly prefer to loan Dean Henderson abroad
- Why it is only a matter of time before Cristiano Ronaldo is offered to United
- Stevanovic indicates Manchester United move is happening
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Sevilla
- Who is reported Manchester United target Filip Stevanovic
- Have United made an expensive miscalculation over Sancho?
- Europa League glory would be pivotal for United