Shola Shoretire became Manchester United’s seventh youngest player of all time when he made his debut earlier this year.
This season Shoretire is expected to spend time jumping between the under-23s and first team, when there is an opportunity for him to step up.
Manchester United’s door is open for him, with the teenager given the opportunity to join the first team media day.
Teammate Mason Greenwood uploaded an outtake of Shoretire posing and grinning for the television graphic used to accompany line-ups.
Shoretire can continue his progress
Shoretire has now made three competitive first team appearances for United as a substitute.
He is waiting for his first start, and there is a chance he could get one this season, possibly in the Carabao Cup.
Shoretire was impressive in early pre-season matches, providing two assists in three appearances.
He has now temporarily dropped down into the under-23s, and scored in the win over Sheffield Wednesday earlier this week.
At just 17, there is no rush, but United clearly have a lot of confidence in the youngster. Hopefully there will be an opportunity for him to put his media day graphic to use later on this season.
- What channel is the Chelsea v Man Utd Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career
- Carrick says van de Beek is capable of playing as a false nine
- Rangnick tipped to have same impact at United like Tuchel did at Chelsea
- Manchester United fans react to Dusan Vlahovic reports
- Ralf Rangnick’s comments bring cause for concern for Luke Shaw