Shola Shoretire made his Manchester United debut in the Premier League win over Newcastle.
Shoretire became the first outfield academy graduate to make his debut for United in the Premier League this season.
Shoretire, 17, signed a new long-term contract at the club earlier this month and has been fast-tracked into the first team set up.
His promotion to the first team shows he made a good choice committing his future to United.
Shoretire put a message out on social media after making his debut.
Shoretire replaced fellow academy graduate Marcus Rashford, who told him to cherish the moment.
Shoretire did not look out of place when he came on, and had six touches in a short three minute spell.
United won the match 3-1 with goals from Marcus Rashford, Dan James, and Bruno Fernandes.
Fernandes was all-business after the match, urging his team to keep going. You wouldn’t expect anything less.
Fernandes understandably was delighted up his goal tally. He now has 22 for the season.
United consolidated our position in second place although City sadly now have a 10 point advantage.
As Fernandes notes, United must keep going. It may not be over just yet, and there is plenty still to play for.
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans ahead of semi-final second leg
- Ruben Neves should be Manchester United’s number one midfield target
- Manchester United fans react to fixture pile-up
- Brandon Williams is in-demand and a loan move looks essential
- No free pass for Murtough on United transfers as revolution gathers pace
- New Manchester United v Liverpool date set, final fixtures confirmed
- Former United defender Rafael takes aim at both PSG and City after Champions League semi-final
- Elanga included in United’s squad for Roma, James out injured
- Solskjaer admits he still doesn’t know whether Greenwood will be a striker or winger
- Sir Alex Ferguson: Never Give In trailer looks amazing, where can you watch the film?