Shola Shoretire made his Manchester United debut in the Premier League win over Newcastle.
Shoretire became the first outfield academy graduate to make his debut for United in the Premier League this season.
Shoretire, 17, signed a new long-term contract at the club earlier this month and has been fast-tracked into the first team set up.
His promotion to the first team shows he made a good choice committing his future to United.
Shoretire put a message out on social media after making his debut.
Shoretire replaced fellow academy graduate Marcus Rashford, who told him to cherish the moment.
Shoretire did not look out of place when he came on, and had six touches in a short three minute spell.
United won the match 3-1 with goals from Marcus Rashford, Dan James, and Bruno Fernandes.
Fernandes was all-business after the match, urging his team to keep going. You wouldn’t expect anything less.
Fernandes understandably was delighted up his goal tally. He now has 22 for the season.
United consolidated our position in second place although City sadly now have a 10 point advantage.
As Fernandes notes, United must keep going. It may not be over just yet, and there is plenty still to play for.
- Five substitutes rule change would benefit Manchester United whoever is in charge
- Manchester City out of Carabao Cup: Did Manchester United miss out or have lucky escape?
- Three steps Solskjaer can take to avoid bowing out like Jose Mourinho
- Manchester United’s players pictured back in training
- Raphael Varane’s possible return would be Manchester United’s best case scenario
- A look at Antonio Conte’s record vs Manchester United
- Fred and McTominay stepped up for Solskjaer last season and he needs them to improve
- Josh Cavallo: Raphael Varane leads praise after Australian footballer comes out as gay
- Facundo Pellistri looking ahead to Barcelona after second successive Alaves win
- Pochettino reportedly remains United’s top choice to replace Solskjaer