Shola Shoretire made his Manchester United debut in the Premier League win over Newcastle.
Shoretire became the first outfield academy graduate to make his debut for United in the Premier League this season.
Shoretire, 17, signed a new long-term contract at the club earlier this month and has been fast-tracked into the first team set up.
His promotion to the first team shows he made a good choice committing his future to United.
Shoretire put a message out on social media after making his debut.
Shoretire replaced fellow academy graduate Marcus Rashford, who told him to cherish the moment.
Shoretire did not look out of place when he came on, and had six touches in a short three minute spell.
United won the match 3-1 with goals from Marcus Rashford, Dan James, and Bruno Fernandes.
Fernandes was all-business after the match, urging his team to keep going. You wouldn’t expect anything less.
Fernandes understandably was delighted up his goal tally. He now has 22 for the season.
United consolidated our position in second place although City sadly now have a 10 point advantage.
As Fernandes notes, United must keep going. It may not be over just yet, and there is plenty still to play for.
- Mike Phelan reacts to United’s derby win
- United loanee Tahith Chong provides assist in Club Brugge win
- Harry Maguire raves about Luke Shaw’s performance
- Manchester United fans react to Anthony Martial’s performance
- Pep Guardiola praises United’s display
- Solskjaer says Shaw and Martial nearly did not start against City
- United fans react to Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s performance
- Dean Henderson draws praise from Graeme Souness
- Eric Bailly posts amusing message to Harry Maguire after United win
- Edwin van der Sar and Rio Ferdinand react to Manchester United’s win