Shola Shoretire and Bruno Fernandes send messages to Manchester United fans
Shola Shoretire made his Manchester United debut in the Premier League win over Newcastle.
Shoretire became the first outfield academy graduate to make his debut for United in the Premier League this season.
Shoretire, 17, signed a new long-term contract at the club earlier this month and has been fast-tracked into the first team set up.
His promotion to the first team shows he made a good choice committing his future to United.
Shoretire put a message out on social media after making his debut.
Shoretire replaced fellow academy graduate Marcus Rashford, who told him to cherish the moment.
Shoretire did not look out of place when he came on, and had six touches in a short three minute spell.
United won the match 3-1 with goals from Marcus Rashford, Dan James, and Bruno Fernandes.
Fernandes was all-business after the match, urging his team to keep going. You wouldn’t expect anything less.
Fernandes understandably was delighted up his goal tally. He now has 22 for the season.
United consolidated our position in second place although City sadly now have a 10 point advantage.
As Fernandes notes, United must keep going. It may not be over just yet, and there is plenty still to play for.
- Attacking star Ten Hag managed asks lawyer to find new club amid Manchester United links
- New twist in future of Manchester United star with no goals in nearly 7 months
- £35m star is ideal signing and Manchester United have already made a crucial error
- Report suggests Manchester United could sign midfield star who's 'better than Pogba' for £42 million
- 21-year-old Manchester United ace set for season-long loan to Championship side after initial move collapses
- Marcus Rashford sends message to Manchester United fans after defeat, it's a new approach
- Incoming signing's relationship with star duo could help strengthen Manchester United spine
- Club begin talks to sign replacement for £20m Manchester United strike target
- £7m star now finally has chance for Manchester United breakthrough
- Erik ten Hag frustrated and ready to give up over Manchester United's top transfer target