Ryan Giggs' son Zach Giggs features as Manchester United u16s win in Northern Ireland again
Manchester United’s young players are enjoying a successful pre-season tour of Northern Ireland.
Playing in the Super Cup NI Youth Challenge Cup, a tournament formerly known as the Milk Cup, Manchester United’s under-16 side have now won two games in a row.
Following a 2-0 win over Coleraine’s under-17s at the weekend, United won again last night.
United beat Ballymena under-17s 1-0 with promising attacker Ethan Wheatley scoring the goal.
Wheatley’s winner followed goals from Victor Musa and Jack Moorhouse in the previous win.
A familiar name has featured in both matches, young prospect Zach Giggs.
Giggs is the son of namesake Ryan Giggs, Manchester United’s legendary winger who spent two decades as a permanent fixture in Sir Alex Ferguson’s first team.
Young Giggs has striking similarities to his dad. Once carried around on the Old Trafford turf by his dad in celebration at a United title win, now he is dreaming of one day playing for the club himself. At the moment he is on track.
Giggs Jr is a Wales youth international. There is one major difference to his dad, Zach is a defender. And with two clean sheets in United’s opening two games on tour, he is doing pretty well for himself.
- Manager hits back at fans for booing decision to bring off Manchester United loanee
- 20-year-old who left Manchester United last summer makes first start for CL side and ousts former Reds teammate
- 124 touches, 5 tackles and 5 interceptions: 25-year-old Manchester United target produces masterclass
- Manchester United should be keeping an eye on talented 20-year-old who has received first senior international call-up
- Manchester United loanee scores late winner to net first senior goal and give manager winning send off
- 'Real class and quality': Manager praises Manchester United loanee after impressive cameo off the bench
- Director says 23-year-old's scintillating start to season was disrupted due to Manchester United uncertainty
- Former Manchester United ace makes debut for new club; but manager claims star didn't want to start
- Manchester United star watches two of his former clubs play against one and other
- Photo: Manchester United ace who hasn't played since coming off the bench against Liverpool returns to training
- 'Go with everything'… Martinez sends message to returning Manchester United player