Ronaldo and Martial respond to Rashford's 'Fergie time' celebration message
There were wild celebrations when Marcus Rashford scored Manchester United’s late winner at the Stretford End.
Rashford’s 93rd minute goal gave United a hard fought victory over West Ham to move above the Hammers into fourth place.
It was a goal in keeping with United’s never say die attitude, and Rashford paid tribute to former manager Sir Alex Ferguson with an Instagram post dubbed ‘Fergie time’.
Late goals build team spirit and Ralf Rangnick’s side needed this, after a tough month where the press tried to rip them apart.
United’s players enjoyed Rashford’s late winner, with everybody flocking to the England international to celebrate his strike.
There was a similar togetherness on social media too, with Cristiano Ronaldo and Anthony Martial among those to reach out to Rashford and congratulate him.
Rashford has had a tough individual spell lately and this goal was the perfect way to get back on track.
He netted in the week away at Brentford, but to score at Old Trafford is always special, and this was his first Premier League strike at home this season.
To do it at the Stretford End with a 93rd minute winner made it even more special, and while Rashford simply put the finishing touch on a fantastic team move, he still had to be there to score it.
United’s players look far more together than the press would have you believe. Winning games help of course, and there are some huge matches left to win between now and the end of the season.
- Manchester United should listen to Ten Hag's words and offer swap deal to get Antony: Opinion
- Manchester United star says he can't relax this summer due to Ten Hag arrival
- Glazers will sell Manchester United for right price, says Michael Knighton, who calls for talks with Ratcliffe over investment
- 'Unreal', 'Absolute player'… Teammates react as 21-year-old Manchester United talent's loan spell ends
- 5 Darwin Nunez alternatives for Manchester United, including award-winning 34-goal forward