Robin van Persie reacts to Nani scoring backheel goal
A decade on from his Manchester United prime. Nani is still scoring wonder goals for fun.
Now playing in MLS for Orlando City, and sporting a bleached blonde ponytail, Nani looks a little different nowadays.
And yet even at the age of 34, Nani’s quality and eye for the spectacular remains.
Nani was never the type to score simple tap-ins. Most of his United goals were spectacular. His latest goal was no different.
It was a backheel flick which had former United teammate Robin van Persie applauding.
Nani’s goal earned Orlando a 1-1 draw against Sporting Kansas City, in their second game of the MLS season.
The former United winger signed for Orlando in 2019 after a stint at previous club Sporting in Portugal.
He played 230 games for United, scoring 40 goals, winning the Champions League and four Premier League titles.
Nani is joined in MLS by his former United teammate Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez, who plays for LA Galaxy.
- Report: Cristiano Ronaldo and Manchester United teammate ruled out injured v Crystal Palace
- Report: Paul Pogba has decided his next club, final details being sorted on three-year contract
- 9 players who represented both Manchester United and Barcelona amid Dest links; including French World Cup winner
- Manchester United man whose contract expires this summer says he could stay to play under ten Hag
- De Gea and McTominay lead reaction as Manchester United goalkeeper celebrates reaching Wembley
- Rangnick says 17-year-old Manchester United wonderkid faces battle to play v Palace
- Rangnick's final XI: Predicted 4-3-3 Manchester United line-up v Crystal Palace: 4 changes
- 'He can do everything'… Manchester United target can succeed where Red Devils star has struggled
- Dortmund sacking shows Manchester United have landed a real coup
- Rangnick says Manchester United star will miss training tomorrow and may not play vs Palace