Marcus Rashford scored a late goal to give Manchester United a win over PSG.
Rashford’s winner gifted United a deserved win, having scored an own goal to let PSG back into the game.
Former star Rio Ferdinand reacted with delight to see United grab the late winner.
United had been the better team for most of the game and weathered PSG’s attacks.
The French side were disappointing, and David de Gea was magnificent in keeping Kylian Mbappe’s best efforts out.
Rashford had until the goal been guilty of being too unselfish when through on goal, before having an effort saved by Navas a few minutes before his winner.
Anthony Martial scored an unlucky own goal, heading into his own net from a corner.
Nothing is quite going right for him at present, but it is worth noting that he did win the penalty for United’s opener.
Bruno Fernandes scored United’s penalty, having been asked to re-take it, fortunately after having the first one saved. He made no mistake the second time.
This win sets United up perfectly in a tough Champions League group, with RB Leipzig at home up next.
- Bruno Fernandes sends message to Manchester United fans ahead of semi-final second leg
- Ruben Neves should be Manchester United’s number one midfield target
- Manchester United fans react to fixture pile-up
- Brandon Williams is in-demand and a loan move looks essential
- No free pass for Murtough on United transfers as revolution gathers pace
- New Manchester United v Liverpool date set, final fixtures confirmed
- Former United defender Rafael takes aim at both PSG and City after Champions League semi-final
- Elanga included in United’s squad for Roma, James out injured
- Solskjaer admits he still doesn’t know whether Greenwood will be a striker or winger