Marcus Rashford scored a late goal to give Manchester United a win over PSG.
Rashford’s winner gifted United a deserved win, having scored an own goal to let PSG back into the game.
Former star Rio Ferdinand reacted with delight to see United grab the late winner.
United had been the better team for most of the game and weathered PSG’s attacks.
The French side were disappointing, and David de Gea was magnificent in keeping Kylian Mbappe’s best efforts out.
Rashford had until the goal been guilty of being too unselfish when through on goal, before having an effort saved by Navas a few minutes before his winner.
Anthony Martial scored an unlucky own goal, heading into his own net from a corner.
Nothing is quite going right for him at present, but it is worth noting that he did win the penalty for United’s opener.
Bruno Fernandes scored United’s penalty, having been asked to re-take it, fortunately after having the first one saved. He made no mistake the second time.
This win sets United up perfectly in a tough Champions League group, with RB Leipzig at home up next.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22