Manchester United have now recorded back to back wins in the Premier League after following up a victory over Arsenal with three points against Crystal Palace.
The win over Palace was Ralf Rangnick’s first game as Manchester United interim manager and the coach was seen celebrating on the touchline.
United recorded a 1-0 win thanks to a rare winner from Fred, just his sixth goal since he signed for the club in 2018.
Former United defender Rio Ferdinand gave his reaction to the win, and while he was not over the top in his praise, he noted an improved overall performance.
United fully deserved win
United did what Ralf Rangnick asked his side to do by managing to control the game.
The team had 61 per cent total possession, a figure which was even higher at half-time, 66 per cent.
It took until the 77th minute to make the breakthrough and it was worth the wait as Fred curled a shot into the top corner.
Former United defender Danny Higginbotham praised the way the team quickly took on Rangnick’s approach, despite having just two days of training sessions leading into the match.
United’s next fixture is at home to Young Boys in the Champions League, with top spot in the group already sewn up.
The team then have two away games against newly promoted sides Norwich City, Brentford, before a third away game against Brighton. This is then followed up with another away fixture against Newcastle on December 27.
- Bryan Robson believes Anthony Elanga emergence will “spur” Manchester United star on
- Harry Maguire talks up 'amazing' Manchester United teammate
- 'Big champion': Manager praises 'disillusioned' Manchester United ace following agonising loss
- Manchester United loanee tipped to have big impact in title race by Sky pundit
- 'All the talent in the world': Maguire challenges Manchester United wonderkid to kick on