Manchester United had to work hard for a victory against Newcastle.
By the end the scoreline threatened to get out of control.
Newcastle scored with a deflected effort after just two minutes, and it looked at first that United could be in for another tough evening.
Harry Maguire scored an impressive header to equalise and send United in level at half-time.
With the scoreline level the game was well balanced. David de Gea pulled off a wondersave to stop United going behind again in the second half.
Bruno Fernandes then oddly missed a penalty, and it was after that when United really took over.
Fernandes himself scored after a fantastic team move, and had one goal ruled out for offside in the first half.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka netted his first ever goal for the club, before Marcus Rashford made it four as United ran riot.
Former United star Rio Ferdinand praised midfielder Juan Mata as the key to United’s display.
Mata was making his first start in the Premier League this season and created three chances.
Ex-United goalkeeper Edwin van der Sar praised the team’s performance, and the patience they showed.
United are now up to six points from four games, having won both away matches.
This result helps get our goal difference a little more on track, and everybody who played will feel confidence rising.
With big games against PSG and Chelsea in the next week, United needed this.
- Charlie McNeill scores brace on competitive under-18s debut as Emeran shines
- Joel Pereira’s latest loan spell is doing him no favours so far
- Manchester United’s three best players in U23 win over Everton
- Manchester United fans react to Facundo Pellistri’s under-23s debut
- Tuanzebe could prove Manchester United don’t need Upamecano when they clash
- Facundo Pellistri features as Manchester United U23s secure dramatic late win
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Chelsea
- United won’t break the bank to keep Paul Pogba
- Manchester United could finally get to start defensive trio together this weekend