Report says Jack Grealish is keen on United move
Jack Grealish has already decided he wants to move to Manchester United in the summer, according to a report published last night by Goal.
Grealish is already said to be house hunting in Manchester ahead of a potential transfer, and claims personal terms are already agreed in principle
What can go wrong?
While this seems like great news, we are a long way from the transfer window opening. The last one has only just closed.
But Grealish was never on the agenda in January, with Aston Villa never going to let their star man go mid-season.
Villa are battling relegation, and dropping down into the Championship would signal Grealish’s departure.
If they survive, they still may not be able to hang onto him, but it would strengthen their negotiating position, potentially pushing his price up.
United have to do things by the book. If this report, or continued links irritate Villa and they feel he has been approached behind their back, they could refuse to negotiate and block a move.
Grealish, who scored at Old Trafford against United in December, is currently being valued at £60 million in the press.
Grealish house hunting in Manchester could positively affect them, and Pep Guardiola/or a potential replacement will be given plenty of money to spend this summer after a disappointing season
It’s up to United to show Grealish we want him more, and convince him he can play a central part in our future.
He’s already reportedly keen on joining, so that’s half the battle won.
But there’s a long time between now and May. Even if this report turns out to be 100 per cent accurate, let’s not get over confident or assume anything.
- Ten Hag reportedly gives key role to Manchester United star with no appearances since December 2021
- Surprise Van Gaal signing and 3 other former Manchester United players who played under Omonia boss Lennon
- Poland youth international trains with Manchester United first team ahead of Europa League tie
- Ten Hag's Manchester United have to bounce back like Sir Alex Ferguson's did after City trouncing
- 18-time international hoping to follow in the footsteps of former Manchester United teammate