Pellistri still expected to leave United on loan this summer
Facundo Pellistri is set for another loan exit from Manchester United ahead of the new season.
Eurosport report that the 19-year-old will head to Spain on a temporary basis to continue his development.
Pellistri spent the second half of last season on loan at La Liga outfit Alaves.
They finished 16th last season though and United want to send him to a club higher up the league.
Pellistri has impressed during his first pre-season at United so far. He scored the winner against Derby and set up Jesse Lingard’s goal at QPR on Saturday.
And after that Derby game, he made it clear that he wants to stay at Old Trafford this season.
“I went on loan to Alaves. I feel good, I am here trying my best. I am always pushing to work. I would like to stay here, but I am working hard improving and will continue.”
But after the same match, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said, as per The Mail: “I can see a loan deal for him, there’s been loads of interest and for his best interests a loan would be what we look for.”
Where will Pellistri end up?
Apart from Alaves, there aren’t any other interested clubs named in the report.
If the interest in Pellistri’s services is as strong as Solskjaer says it is, it’ll be a case of picking the right destination from the host of potential suitors.
Regular football is the first key requirement. Then, it has to be a loan which pushes Pellistri forward.
That could be playing in a system which is similar to United’s, or pushing him out of his comfort zone to see how he copes in his first full season in a major European league.
- Report: Ralf Rangnick told Manchester United they 'must buy' powerhouse target compared to Virgil van Dijk
- Manchester United transfer target says he was a Liverpool supporter
- Report: Manchester United have advantage to sign £35m attacker thanks to Ten Hag's agents
- Champions League qualifier could have huge bearing on Manchester United's transfer business, says journalist
- Report: Manchester United offered former £60m Premier League striker who scored a hat-trick at the weekend