Report: Alex Telles hoping to seal Manchester United move
The Guardian report Alex Telles is hoping to seal a move to Manchester United this week.
United and Porto are said to be in ‘advanced negotiations’ to sign the left-back.
Telles would earn a salary of £75,000 per week at Manchester United.
This would be relative low in comparison to some of the excessive wages United have on the club’s books, and can’t currently shift.
United and Porto are negotiating a price, with the Red Devils looking for a fee under £25 million.
A different option
Telles would give United a different option at left-back to Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams.
He is a better player than both going forward, with 12 assists in all competitions last season.
Telles provided an assist at the weekend in a 3-1 win for Porto, and also scored two goals from the penalty spot.
United have signed only one player this transfer window so far, a scant return from a summer which fans hoped would shape up as an ambitious one.
Getting Telles for under £25 million would be a big success, and it would be possible because he has only one year left on his contract.
Ace in the pack?
United may be able to smooth negotiations over by offering Diogo Dalot back to his former club in part exchange, either permanently or on loan.
Dalot is surplus to requirements at United and was not named in the matchday squad at the weekend.
Telles may be seen as a short-term fix, but that is what United need right now.
The team needs instant improvement, and signing a player at the top of his game would be a smart move.
- 'Weak point'… Neville slams World Cup star, says Manchester United ace would do better job
- 'He's not a leader'… Manchester United star under-fire from pundit in his own country
- Casemiro responds to Neymar's claim he is the best midfielder in the world
- 20-year-old powerhouse recommended to Manchester United by Rangnick dominates v £97m opponent
- Manchester United star vows 'important game', potential first World Cup start incoming
- 'Bit awkward there': Gary Neville urges international boss to play Manchester United star in favoured position
- 'Absurd'… National team's physio praises Manchester United star's 'great work rate'
- Bryan Robson warns rest of Premier League that 'terrific' Manchester United star is only going to get better
- Report: Manchester United could sign £113m star for just £86m including add-ons