Manchester United are looking ahead to Tuesday’s game with Burnley and there are no fresh injury worries.
United’s club website states Raphael Varane, Bruno Fernandes and Jadon Sancho are all fully fit despite concerns after the Middlesbrough game.
Varane was substituted for Phil Jones, while Sancho seemed fatigued and Fernandes played through an injury.
Rangnick says Varane is expected to be ready to play. He said: “He [Varane] seems to be physically fit. He has no issues anymore with injuries.
“I thought before he had to be substituted he did extremely well together with Harry, probably his best game.”
“Hopefully, we can have him in the same fitness shape and same form as he was against Middlesbrough for the upcoming games.”
Varane had two spells out with injury in the first half of the season and so United supporters were naturally concerned to see him taken off.
The centre-back has been in excellent form since returning to the side in late December.
United need him available, with Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly both currently out of action. Lindelof was ill and Bailly injured.
Edinson Cavani and Jesse Lingard are all expected to come back into the squad, Rangnick confirmed.
Varane made his return to action against Burnley in December and so knows what to expect from Sean Dyche’s side.
Tuesday’s game kicks off at 8pm and is being broadcast on BT Sport.
- Qatari investors planning ‘massive offer’ for Manchester United
- Fred says he enjoys scoring against Leeds and wants to keep doing it
- Bruno Fernandes will be looking to improve upon his formidable record against managerless Leeds United
- Raphael Varane gives his verdict on where Marcus Rashford ranks among the best players he’s played with
- Manchester United loanee Will Fish performances rated by Hibernian captain