Rangnick says Varane had 'probably his best game' against Middlesbrough
Manchester United are looking ahead to Tuesday’s game with Burnley and there are no fresh injury worries.
United’s club website states Raphael Varane, Bruno Fernandes and Jadon Sancho are all fully fit despite concerns after the Middlesbrough game.
Varane was substituted for Phil Jones, while Sancho seemed fatigued and Fernandes played through an injury.
Rangnick says Varane is expected to be ready to play. He said: “He [Varane] seems to be physically fit. He has no issues anymore with injuries.
“I thought before he had to be substituted he did extremely well together with Harry, probably his best game.”
“Hopefully, we can have him in the same fitness shape and same form as he was against Middlesbrough for the upcoming games.”
Varane had two spells out with injury in the first half of the season and so United supporters were naturally concerned to see him taken off.
The centre-back has been in excellent form since returning to the side in late December.
United need him available, with Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly both currently out of action. Lindelof was ill and Bailly injured.
Edinson Cavani and Jesse Lingard are all expected to come back into the squad, Rangnick confirmed.
Varane made his return to action against Burnley in December and so knows what to expect from Sean Dyche’s side.
Tuesday’s game kicks off at 8pm and is being broadcast on BT Sport.
- Promising winger provides three assists in Manchester United under-18s win
- Manchester United talent makes breakthrough you may have missed, impact could be imminent
- Report: 10 Manchester United stars are playing for their futures under Erik ten Hag
- Manchester United star’s ‘career is going to be short-lived under Ten Hag’, says Neville
- Ten Hag won't be subjecting United's players to 13km run like after Brentford defeat, he has a different plan