Rangnick provides fitness update ahead of United's clash against Brighton
Manchester United midfielder Fred will return to the matchday squad for tomorrow night’s clash against Brighton.
The Reds’ interim boss Ralf Rangnick has provided a fitness update in his pre-match press conference ahead of the match at Old Trafford.
After three straight 1-1 draws, the Red Devils will be hoping to get back to winning ways against Graham Potter’s Seagulls, who are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League matches.
Fred is back in training and could feature. The Brazilian tested positive for Covid-19 and missed the matches against Burnley and Southampton.
However, Edinson Cavani, who celebrates his 35th birthday today, will not form part of the squad after suffering a groin problem in training which forced him to miss the draw against the Saints on Saturday. Nemanja Matic has also been ruled out.
“Fred will be available again,” confirmed the boss, at his pre-match press conference.
“He’ll also part of the group for tomorrow.
“Edinson is still out, the same with Nema. The rest is well, Alex [Telles] is back again in the squad and already was part of the group for the Southampton game and he will also be available.”
- 'Here we go'… Manchester United player agrees £13 million exit, says Fabrizio Romano
- Video: Erik ten Hag has one-to-one chat with 21-year-old Manchester United ace in training
- Ten Hag now has Manchester United front three Solskjaer wanted and never picked
- 'Special' player is a perfect fit for Manchester United, says ex-Red Devils star
- Manchester United players welcome new signing Tyrell Malacia to club