Predicted Manchester United XI v Brighton
Manchester United visit Brighton on Saturday looking for a first Premier League win of the season.
United lost 3-1 to Crystal Palace last weekend and there will be changes to the starting line up for his game.
A midweek Carabao Cup victory away at Luton gave several players an extra run out, and a number of them stated their cases to be included.
De Gea retains place in goal
While Dean Henderson did very well in midweek, the time has not come to cast David de Gea aside yet.
United play Brighton twice in a week, so Dean Henderson will get his chance at the Amex in the Carabao Cup.
Two defensive changes
Eric Bailly has made his case to replace a struggling Victor Lindelof, who played particularly poorly against Palace.
While Solskjaer likes Lindelof, surely he can see that he needs a break right now, and Bailly is fully deserving of an opportunity partnering Harry Maguire in the Premier League for the first time as a starter.
Aaron Wan-Bissaka must also come in for Timothy Fosu-Mensah at right-back. United are simply a stronger team with him in it.
At least one midfield change
United need to start Nemanja Matic to stand the best chance of securing an away win.
The Serbian is effective at protecting the defence, and last time away at Brighton he was one of United’s best players.
There is a question over who partners him. Should it Paul Pogba, after a poor display against Palace?
While we expect Pogba will get the nod, United have options, with Fred, Donny van de Beek and Scott McTominay all alternatives.
Greenwood back in attack
After starting on the bench for United’s last two matches, it is time for Mason Greenwood to return to the starting line up.
He scored one and assisted one in the 3-0 away win at Brighton last time, and did the same in midweek in just 11 minutes off the bench against Luton.
Dan James will drop out, with Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial retaining their places from the Palace game.
- 'Really good player': Klopp praises star with no PL starts for Manchester United since May 2021
- 'Here we go': Manchester United have full agreement on Casemiro, says Romano
- 'Really wants the move': £67.6m Player wants to join Manchester United, not giving up, says Romano
- 'Back in training': Ten Hag confirms United attacker could face Liverpool, rules teammate out
- ‘He wants to leave’: Manager confirms £59m star wants reported £350k-a-week Man Utd move
- Two Manchester United transfer targets have previously voiced their affection for the club
- 'Totally unacceptable'… Gary Neville hits out at Glazer plan
- £42m PL move has double impact for Manchester United, including over 21-year-old star
- 'Love the way he plays football'… Rio Ferdinand raved about £60m Manchester United target