Another busy weekend of rumours presents some positive options for Manchester United.
There is a possible triple swoop on the horizon, which would turn our transfer window into a really positive one.
The Times report United are negotiating for Lille winger Nicolas Pepe, valued at £70 million.
Then the Harry Maguire speculation ramped up again. The Independent claim a £80 million move is close.
The paper claim United are still trying to get a deal done too for Bruno Fernandes
So we took a look at how United could line up if we sign all three…
Substitutes and decisions
David de Gea and the backline would more or less pick itself, as does Paul Pogba.
In midfield it would be one of Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Fred and Andreas Pereira to partner him.
It would be unlikely we would sign another midfielder if we are spending money on Maguire, Pepe and Fernandes.
Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Dan James, Alexis Sanchez, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes and Mason Greenwood would all compete for attacking midfield or forward positions.
It’s fair to assume we would sell Romelu Lukaku to fund the incomings.
We will believe the prospect of signing all three as and when it happens, but this would be a team easily capable of finishing in the top four, and even showing some signs of challenging for the title.
Over to you Ed…
- Ramazani may have easier route to Manchester United first-team than Mejbri
- Both Odion Ighalo’s clubs will benefit if Manchester United loan is extended
- David Brooks would be a smart Sancho alternative for Manchester United this summer
- If Manchester United have ruled out permanent Ighalo move, they must focus on Dembele
- Manchester United could see reported target Nuno Mendes as a winger in the long term