How Manchester United could line-up if triple swoop goes ahead
Another busy weekend of rumours presents some positive options for Manchester United.
There is a possible triple swoop on the horizon, which would turn our transfer window into a really positive one.
The Times report United are negotiating for Lille winger Nicolas Pepe, valued at £70 million.
Then the Harry Maguire speculation ramped up again. The Independent claim a £80 million move is close.
The paper claim United are still trying to get a deal done too for Bruno Fernandes
So we took a look at how United could line up if we sign all three…
Substitutes and decisions
David de Gea and the backline would more or less pick itself, as does Paul Pogba.
In midfield it would be one of Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Fred and Andreas Pereira to partner him.
It would be unlikely we would sign another midfielder if we are spending money on Maguire, Pepe and Fernandes.
Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Dan James, Alexis Sanchez, Tahith Chong, Angel Gomes and Mason Greenwood would all compete for attacking midfield or forward positions.
It’s fair to assume we would sell Romelu Lukaku to fund the incomings.
We will believe the prospect of signing all three as and when it happens, but this would be a team easily capable of finishing in the top four, and even showing some signs of challenging for the title.
Over to you Ed…
- Triple sale would be a ruthless way for Erik ten Hag to start Manchester United's summer
- Manchester United offered chance to sign star Ten Hag sold for £23.8m
- Manchester United cancel the end of season awards ceremony, it's the right decision
- 5 Ajax players who will actually improve Manchester United: Including £50m target
- How Manchester United could make £120 million in player sales this summer to get £240m budget