Porto want United to hurry up over Alex Telles deal
Porto and Manchester United supporters have something in common this week.
Both want Manchester United to hurry up and pay the money to sign Alex Telles.
A report from Portuguese newspaper O Jogo warns that Porto are getting frustrated with United. We know the feeling.
O Jogo reports Porto ‘does not intend to wait much longer for a satisfactory proposal.’
This is because they are determined to sign a replacement for Telles at left-back, and fear they will not be able to if United leave it too late.
United must not blow this
Alex Telles is a quite outstanding option for Manchester United at left-back.
He scores goals and creates them, and as such, offers something different in comparison to Luke Shaw and Brandon Williams.
At 27, he has experience, winning trophies in Turkey and Portugal, also having a short spell in Italy.
United though want to pay just £12 million, which seems a pointless way to hold up the deal at this late stage.
If Porto set the price at £24 million, then United would be quite happy to pay £18 million.
The club consistently want to wear teams down into accepting lower prices, but this carries a risk that the club will simply get fed up and take the player off the market.
This is what United are risking here, and Porto’s stance appears to show a frustrated club.
So far this summer United have signed only one player, and Telles from the outside appears a very easy and affordable deal to do.
Negotiations are now into their second week. Patience is clearly beginning to run out with United’s antics in Portugal.
They can move on and simply keep Telles for an extra year. United supporters will not be so forgiving.
- 'He will get him'… De Jong could be presented by United at weekend, claims reliable journalist
- De Jong and Antony 'like' Manchester United star's Instagram post on training under Ten Hag
- Barcelona 'have already prepared a farewell video' for Frenkie de Jong ahead of Manchester United move
- 22-year-old Manchester United attacker could sign with Malacia's club, 'talks imminent'
- '100 per cent'… Champions League winner has tipped imminent Manchester United signing to cause 'headaches' for opponents
- 4 players impacted by Malacia to Manchester United, two could be sold
- 6 Belgium players who have represented Manchester United as 52-cap star interests Ten Hag
- £87m triple swoop would be unbelievable value for Manchester United
- 3 players who have featured for Manchester United and Feyenoord as Ten Hag closes in on £15m move; including CL winner