We got our first look at the Paul Pogba and Bruno Fernandes partnership in a competitive game on Friday night.
Just for half an hour when Pogba came on, it looked promising, as United fought back from a goal down against Tottenham to draw, with the Frenchman winning United’s penalty, which Fernandes duly scored.
Now we are waiting to see if the pair get the nod to start at Old Trafford on Wednesday in our upcoming match with Sheffield United.
Pogba and Fernandes were seen in training on Monday in good spirits, and building a connection.
Pictures like this are great to see, and suggest these two talented midfielders can strike up a dangerous partnership.
Both players are among the best midfielders in Europe, and to have them in the same team is an exciting combination.
By putting in the work on and off the training pitch, the duo can make United stronger, and give us a good shot of finishing the season strongly.
Pogba is looking to make his first Manchester United start since September if selected this week.
Even if he does not play the full 90 minutes, it is important United get him back out there as a starter, and see what happens.
If the aim on Friday night was to test his fitness, sharpness and attitude, he passed with flying colours.
His extra quality in possession was noticeable immediately and he worked hard off the ball too.
We know what Pogba and Fernandes are capable of. Now we just need to see it play out.
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Luton Town
- Joe Hugill gets off to perfect start with brace for United’s under-18s side
- Report: Manchester United resigned to keeping injured Phil Jones
- Report: Alex Telles hoping to seal Manchester United move
- Key points from Evra’s Instagram video about the state of affairs at Manchester United
- Wilfried Zaha should have taught United a lesson over Dan James
- James Garner’s loan move to Watford is a bold choice
- Angel Gomes impresses in debut for Boavista after quitting United
- Paul Pogba’s performance puts his place in doubt v Brighton