Manchester United are busy preparing for the weekend’s Premier League clash with West Brom.
The problem at present is that more than half the squad are currently dotted around the world on international duty.
It meant a couple of rarely seen faces were taking on prominent roles in training.
Marcos Rojo and Sergio Romero, neither of who were named in Manchester United’s Champions League squad, were both involved in the session.
It was great to see Mason Greenwood back involved too, after a fortnight in which he has been attacked in the media through little to no fault of his own.
Hopefully he will get a chance to silence many of his doubters this coming weekend.
New boy Facundo Pellistri featured too and this time in a smaller training group could be invaluable for him as he looks to get up to speed after his October arrival at the club.
Fred, Nemanja Matic, Juan Mata, Brandon Williams, Axel Tuanzebe, Lee Grant, Timothy Fosu-Mensah, and Aaron Wan-Bissaka were among the players also involved in the training session.
United’s ranks will increase on Thursday and Friday when players return from international duty.
It will be up to the players currently at Carrington to set the standard in terms of fitness and sharpness, and some of them like Fred and Nemanja Matic will accordingly have an advantage when it comes to selection this weekend.
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success
- Fred’s late battling shows why he is so important to United
- Mark Lawrenson is expecting Manchester United to beat Liverpool
- Amad Diallo’s Manchester United debut is looking more and more likely
- Three Portugal based players Manchester United should be monitoring