Manchester United are preparing for tonight’s Europa League clash with Real Sociedad.
The tie seems over with United 4-0 up ahead of the home leg at Old Trafford.
There is still a professional job to be done, although the scoreline does mean United can rotate a bit.
Two young players in line to feature are youngsters Shola Shoretire and Amad Diallo.
Even if the pair do not start the fixture, they should play some part from the substitute’s bench. Both Shoretire and Diallo played a part in training on Thursday.
United’s camp seemed in good spirits, even out of form Anthony Martial raised a smile.
The Frenchman is looking to correct a run of just three goals in his last 16 games.
United just need to avert disaster to get through to the next round, with the draw to take place on Friday.
It’s likely Bruno Fernandes and Marcus Rashford will both be rested for tonight’s game, with a crucial Premier League fixture to prepare for on Sunday against Chelsea.
Manchester United’s 2021 Europa League campaign so far
- vs Real Sociedad
1st leg: 4-0 win: Fernandes (2), Rashford, James
2nd leg: 0-0
- vs AC Milan
1st leg: 1-1: Amad
2nd leg: 1-0 win: Pogba
- vs Granada
1st leg: 2-0 win: Rashford, Fernandes
- Luke Shaw adds to impressive body of work in United’s win against Burnley
- Paul Pogba is on fire with four assists in five games
- Manchester United fans react to Mason Greenwood’s performance
- Cavani needs one more subsitute goal to equal Solskjaer record
- Jack Grealish responds to Dean Henderson’s new look
- Joel Glazer comments in announcement to plan Super League
- ‘Absolute scandal’… Gary Neville rages against proposed European Super League reports and Glazers
- Three big positives from Manchester United’s win over Burnley
- What channel is the Man Utd v Burnley Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Three key questions as Raphael Varane to Manchester United links ramp up