Axel Tuanzebe has been pictured outdoors training at Carrington for the first time in months.
The young centre-back got injured when the team returned after lockdown, with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer telling the official website: he needed an operation on his foot.
Last week he was pictured with the rest of the squad doing gym work, and now he has been seen on the training pitch.
Getting Tuanzebe is a boost for a squad which is looking for answers defensively.
Solskjaer is a fan of the 22-year-old, naming him captain in a cup tie last September.
His 2019/20 season was supposed to be a breakthrough year after impressing on loan with Aston Villa.
However a succession of injuries ruined his season and has seen him fall back behind Eric Bailly amid competition to displace Victor Lindelof.
There is also extra battle for places from young talent Teden Mengi, who made his first team debut in August.
Tuanzebe is likely to be available in October after the international break.
Axel Tuanzebe’s injury woe
- Injured in warm up vs Liverpool in October 2019
Tuanzebe had been set to start his first Premier League game for United before picking up a hip injury. He did not return to action until December.
- Limps off in cup tie vs Colchester
Tuanzebe was making his first start since returning, in a Carabao Cup tie in late December. He was substituted after an hour after picking up a hamstring injury which kept him out until the end of February.
- After making a return for the under-23s in March, football went into lockdown.
Tuanzebe then suffered a foot injury in training at the start of June which required an operation and had kept him on the sidelines since.
- United fans hoping Diallo can do a Martial this weekend
- Scholes says United should sign Fofana – but deal would be very unlikely
- Anthony Martial needs to rediscover debut season form in key Manchester United clashes
- Marcus Rashford is outperforming Sadio Mane this season
- Predicted Manchester United XI v Liverpool
- Jurgen Klopp hails Manchester United pair Marcus Rashford and Bruno Fernandes
- Solskjaer claims there’s even more to come from Manchester United
- Solskjaer says Diallo could be in United squad this weekend
- Bruno Fernandes wins record-breaking fourth player of the month award