Axel Tuanzebe has been pictured outdoors training at Carrington for the first time in months.
The young centre-back got injured when the team returned after lockdown, with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer telling the official website: he needed an operation on his foot.
Last week he was pictured with the rest of the squad doing gym work, and now he has been seen on the training pitch.
Getting Tuanzebe is a boost for a squad which is looking for answers defensively.
Solskjaer is a fan of the 22-year-old, naming him captain in a cup tie last September.
His 2019/20 season was supposed to be a breakthrough year after impressing on loan with Aston Villa.
However a succession of injuries ruined his season and has seen him fall back behind Eric Bailly amid competition to displace Victor Lindelof.
There is also extra battle for places from young talent Teden Mengi, who made his first team debut in August.
Tuanzebe is likely to be available in October after the international break.
Axel Tuanzebe’s injury woe
- Injured in warm up vs Liverpool in October 2019
Tuanzebe had been set to start his first Premier League game for United before picking up a hip injury. He did not return to action until December.
- Limps off in cup tie vs Colchester
Tuanzebe was making his first start since returning, in a Carabao Cup tie in late December. He was substituted after an hour after picking up a hamstring injury which kept him out until the end of February.
- After making a return for the under-23s in March, football went into lockdown.
Tuanzebe then suffered a foot injury in training at the start of June which required an operation and had kept him on the sidelines since.
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Granada
- Manchester United fans react to Jude Bellingham’s Champions League performance
- Three key questions as Declan Rice to Manchester United rumours grow stronger
- Brandon Williams will fancy his chances of rare game time for United tonight
- What channel is the Man Utd v Granada Europa League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Manchester United’s TikTok account releases light-hearted Cavani video after Tottenham controversy
- It’s easy to see why Harry Kane is reportedly interested in signing for Manchester United
- Phil Jones pictured training for first time in 2021
- Harry Maguire names United’s strongest player and most talented