Defender Axel Tuanzebe is continuing his recovery from injury at Manchester United’s training ground.
The club’s official Instagram account posted a photo of the defender on an exercise bike alongside the caption ‘getting the legs going’.
Tuanzebe’s image featured alongside David de Gea, Nemanja Matic and new-boy Donny van de Beek.
Tuanzebe has not played a senior game for United in 2020, with his last appearance coming in the 3-0 EFL Cup victory over Colchester in December.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said in August that Tuanzebe has had surgery on the foot injury which curtailed his 2019/20 campaign.
“Axel started to get niggles when we restarted and he had to have an operation in his foot, so he’ll be back early Septemberish,” Solskjaer told the club’s official website.
Ahead of the pre-season clash against Aston Villa last week, Solskjaer offered a further update on the defender.
Speaking again to the club website, Solskjaer said: “Axel is getting closer as well. In a few weeks’ time, I guess he will be with us training full-time and hopefully we’ll be able to give him games quickly.”
The image was the first of Tuanzebe since the below snap from a training session in June.
There are high hopes for Tuanzebe at Old Trafford, and he performed impressively during the first part of last season before injuries hit.
He was potentially robbed of a breakthrough season by that foot problem and will hope that 2020/21 can be a better one.
United haven’t signed a new central defender so far this summer, which increases his chances of forcing his way into Solskjaer’s plans.
There is less hype around Tuanzebe this summer, which could help him release his potential quietly.
The first thing for him to do is get fit and hopefully he is on course to doing exactly that.
- Bjorn Hardley praised for under-18 performance by Neil Ryan
- Five reasons Manchester United can win the Premier League title this season
- Cavani has already tied level with Alexis Sanchez’s United league goal tally
- Bruno Fernandes wasn’t perfect vs Southampton but still had a huge impact
- Bruno Fernandes praises Edinson Cavani
- Robbie Savage praises son Charlie after his first United under-18s goal
- James Garner impresses on loan again in Watford win
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer offers injury update on Manchester United’s left backs
- Alex Telles shows his quality with another strong all round performance