Marcus Rashford came off the bench to score a hat-trick against RB Leipzig.
United hammered the German side 5-0 at Old Trafford to secure an important Champions League win.
Former star Paul Scholes was full of admiration for Rashford’s contribution.
Scholes told BT Sport: “That was electric when he came on. Fernandes as well.
“Marcus with that speed and his finishing was ruthless.
“If he sticks with this attitude you can expect 25 goals from him.”
Man in form
Rashford scored his first by beating Leipzig’s offside trap to double United’s lead after Mason Greenwood’s first half goal.
He then scored another when set through on goal, before firing in his third in injury time.
Rashford had another shot blocked, while he also passed up a penalty for Anthony Martial to score, before the Frenchman assisted him for his hat-trick anyway, returning the favour.
This was the first hat-trick of Rashford’s career and saw all three goals come in the space of 16 minutes.
United’s Champions League campaign is now off to a flier with two wins from two matches against the two toughest sides.
Rashford can do no wrong at the moment on or off the pitch and this was the sign of a player high in confidence.
He is now up to seven goals for the season in all competitions already, and he will fancy his chances of beating last year’s tally of 22.
- Fred sends message to United fans after PSG loss, although he does not apologise
- United fans react to Odion Ighalo’s late cameo
- RB Leipzig stars say they are treating Manchester United clash like a final
- Thomas Tuchel admits PSG were lucky not to concede second goal against United
- Dayot Upamecano ruled out of Manchester United clash
- Anthony Martial handed 3/10 rating in French media after United’s loss to PSG
- Ander Herrera sends message to Manchester United fans
- Manchester United’s four most disappointing players against PSG
- Manchester United’s four best players against PSG