Paul Pogba came off the bench to help Manchester United to victory over Brighton in the Carabao Cup.
Pogba struggled against the same opponents at the weekend and needed this extra game time to get back into form.
The Frenchman scored United’s third goal, direct from a free-kick.
At first glance it sailed straight in, but replays showed it took a slight deflection from Joel Veltman in the wall, which helped it sneak into the net off the inside of the post.
Pogba was not bothered how it went in. He was just glad to be back on the scoresheet. He sent a message after the win.
This was the confidence booster Pogba needed to kickstart his season.
He has now equalled his goal tally from an injury hit 2019/20 campaign.
Pogba could have scored earlier too, heading a cross from Diogo Dalot narrowly wide.
Teammates Dean Henderson and Eric Bailly also sent messages on social media after the victory.
United are now into the last eight of the Carabao Cup, and just three games from silverware.
This was a tough fixture after the battle Brighton gave us at the weekend and United did well to make it look so easy.
- 7 players who could leave Manchester United before the transfer deadline
- 10 things we learned from Ralf Rangnick's first 10 games in charge at Manchester United
- Ranking Marcus Rashford's 4 Manchester United injury time winning goals
- Manchester United youngster expected to leave the club on loan this month
- Highly-rated Manchester United loanee targeting a World Cup place
- 'We'll wrap him up': Manager provides injury update on 'top performer' Manchester United loanee
- Rangnick challenges Manchester United ace to consistently show his 'quality'
- Three Manchester United players spotted training in Dubai as others rest
- Richard Arnold holds talks with United legend as he prepares to begin as CEO