Edinson Cavani’s late winner sparked celebrations for Manchester United fans watching in their homes around the world.
Club record signing Paul Pogba was at his home cheering on the Uruguayan’s 92nd minute header.
Pogba posted a message to Instagram showing how he watched the game, lauding ‘El Matador’ Cavani.
Solskjaer gives injury update
This was the third consecutive game Pogba had missed since the international break – in which he started three games for France.
He has been battling an ankle injury, unrelated to the one which kept him sidelined for several months last season.
Pogba has returned to training and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer said he is hopeful the Frenchman will be available in midweek.
Solskjaer told the club website: “
Paul’s ankle is improving. Hopefully, he’s on the grass, training today [Sunday]. If not, hopefully tomorrow [Monday]. I’m not sure if it takes a long time to recover but hopefully he’s ready for Wednesday.“
The positive for United is that the team is not desperate for Pogba to return.
Even if he is passed fit, it is pretty unlikely Pogba would be selected as a starter against Paris Saint-Germain in midweek.
He had lost his place before his injury and he will have to earn it back. That is how competitive United’s midfield is right now, even with Scott McTominay also out.
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success
- Fred’s late battling shows why he is so important to United
- Mark Lawrenson is expecting Manchester United to beat Liverpool
- Amad Diallo’s Manchester United debut is looking more and more likely
- Three Portugal based players Manchester United should be monitoring
- Manchester United said to be keen on Bayern youngster Jamal Musiala