Manchester United will be boosted by the feelgood factor of France’s UEFA Nations League victory when the Premier League returns.
United had three players win medals as France beat Spain 2-1 in the final.
France’s international break is now over and the stars are on their way back.
Paul Pogba posted a picture with Raphael Varane on the flight back, posing with their medals.
Anthony Martial was the third player to collect a medal, although he was not pictured. He is presumably also on his way back.
Martial did not feature in the semi-final or final and was an unused substitute.
Varane picked up an injury in the final and will need to be assessed upon his return.
United already have Harry Maguire battling an injury which kept him out of England’s international squad.
Varane, Pogba, and Martial have a few days to prepare now for United’s game at Leicester City on Saturday.
France’s next international fixture is in November against Kazakhstan, and if they win, they will seal qualification for World Cup 2022.
- Charlie McNeill continues hot streak despite U23s defeat
- Ralf Rangnick is the perfect man to hand over to an elite permanent United manager
- Who is Ronald Araujo and why is he being linked to Manchester United?
- Cavani issues fitness update ahead of United’s clash with Chelsea
- Josh King admits blocked Manchester United move was worst moment of his career