UEFA have named the Euro 2020 team of the tournament, and one Manchester United star has made it in.
Harry Maguire was the only United star selected, along with England teammates Kyle Walker and Raheem Sterling.
Luke Shaw was harshly overlooked in favour of Italy’s Leonardo Spinazzola.
UEFA Team of Euro 2020
Donnarumma (Italy); Spinazzola (Italy), Chiellini (Italy), Maguire (England), Walker (England); Hojbjerg (Denmark), Jorginho (Italy), Pedri (Spain), Chiesa (Italy), Sterling (England); Lukaku (Belgium).
While Maguire missed the first two matches, he was a colossus after recovering from his injury and helped England at both ends of the pitch.
He scored in the quarter-final after a Luke Shaw assist, one of three the left-back provided at the tournament. Shaw also scored in the final before England lost on penalties.
Spinazzola missed the final with injury and while his displays were impressive and eye-catching, Shaw being left out seems a little harsh.
Paul Pogba may feel slighly aggrieved at his omission too. France though simply did not get far enough, bowing out in the last 16.
Every player named in the XI reached the semi-finals at least, with the exception of Lukaku, who was eliminated in the quarter-finals.
Cristiano Ronaldo finished as tournament top scorer with five goals from four games.
- 'Over the moon': Manchester United wonderkid gives verdict on own performance and club's Champions League chances
- Rangnick praises two Manchester United players including one who is a 'fantastic person'
- 'I lost the ball'… Manchester United star accepts responsibility for role in Young Boys goal
- 'You deserve'… Bruno Fernandes congratulates teammate on making Manchester United debut
- Hargreaves praises 'really sharp' Manchester United youngster who could start for Rangnick this weekend
- 4 Manchester United players who will regret disappointing performances v Young Boys
- 'Love him', 'Class'… Some Manchester United fans react to teenager's performance v Young Boys
- Manchester United youngster matches Carlos Tevez achievement and best is yet to come
- Zidane Iqbal and Charlie Savage send messages after making Manchester United debut
- 'I'm truly sorry'… Amad sends apology to Manchester United supporters