Odion Ighalo scored a really special goal in Manchester United’s victory over LASK.
The Nigerian received a flicked pass from Bruno Fernandes, before keeping the ball in the air letting it bounce, and then firing it into the roof of the net.
Ighalo’s strike came from the edge of the box and was one of the best goals United have scored all season long.
His outstanding goal drew praise from Match of The Day host Gary Lineker, who described it as ‘sensational’.
In front of an empty stadium, Ighalo’s goal set United on the way to a 5-0 away win.
Former United hero Rio Ferdinand added to the Ighalo love in, congratulating the striker on another goal.
BT Sport pundit and former United star Owen Hargreaves told the channel: “It is like Tony Yeboah, it’s a thing of beauty.”
The loanee now has four goals in three starts since joining United on deadline day.
He is proving an astute short term signing, and at this rate, has a real chance to sign a permanent deal.
Many United fans were impressed by Ighalo’s close control in the build up to the goal, and noted how Romelu Lukaku would have struggled to score a goal which featured similar deft touch in the build up.
- Cristiano Ronaldo pictured back in Manchester United training
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants ‘complete’ midfielders in his United side
- Cavani not ready for West Ham clash but will hopefully return next week
- Recent United target Eduardo Camavinga makes flying start at Madrid
- West Ham’s Croatia trip gives Manchester United a rare advantage