Odion Ighalo’s move to Manchester United may have gone right down to the wire but it was timed well in terms of the winter break.
The MEN report the Reds are heading to Marbella next week and footage has emerged of the striker training alone ahead of that.
It remains to be seen when he can make his United debut, but the winter break has given him some time to get himself in better shape.
There might well be fears that Ighalo’s spell in China will mean he is going to take too much time to adjust to being back in the Premier League.
He is putting in the extra effort to make sure that isn’t a problem ahead of linking up with his new team-mates in Spain next week.
It’s likely a coincidence that the clip of Ighalo was posted where he is holding the ball up given that is an area where Anthony Martial has struggled so badly in recent weeks.
It is far too easy for opposition defenders to rob Martial when the ball is played forward.
From the looks of it, Ighalo will offer a more physical presence up front, making the ball stick up front and allowing United to get up the pitch.
- Nicolas Tagliafico the latest left-back linked to United
- Luton defender shares what it’s like trying to stop Marcus Rashford
- Manchester United fans react to Eric Bailly’s performance
- Solskjaer picks out three Manchester United players for praise
- Jesse Lingard impresses amid uncertain United future