Mason Greenwood will be hoping to be handed a fifth consecutive Premier League start this weekend.
Opponents Leeds United will be familiar ones for Greenwood – and a welcome sight.
Greenwood scored his first Manchester United goal against Leeds back in pre-season in 2019.
This came in a 4-0 victory in a friendly in Australia, with Greenwood opening the scoring.
The goal was the sign of a real poacher as his alertness saw him quickest to connect to Aaron Wan-Bissaka’s cross.
Just the start
Since then Greenwood’s career at United has gone from strength to strength.
While the pre-season goal against Leeds, which was followed up with another against Inter Milan, does not count towards his official goal tally, it had a huge impact.
These two pre-season goals confirmed to manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer that he was ready for first team football.
Just 17 at the time, Greenwood needed a successful tour to open the door to the first team squad, rather than being assigned back to the under-23s.
Greenwood seized the opportunity and went on to score 17 goals in his debut season for United.
This campaign has been a little slower, Greenwood has just three so far, but there are plenty more to come.
Whether as a starter or as a substitute, Greenwood will be a threat for a leaky Leeds defence which has conceded 24 goals in 12 games this season, the joint second highest in the Premier League.
This could be the ideal fixture for the United youngster to get back on the scoresheet.
Mason Greenwood’s career so far
- 17 first team goals in his debut season
Greenwood tied a record set by George Best and Wayne Rooney on their first campaigns for the club.
- Five Europa League goals in his first season
Greenwood’s goals in the Europa League saw him become the club’s youngest ever scorer in European competition.
- 10 Premier League goals
Greenwood became the first teenager since 1997/98 to score 10 Premier League goals or more in a season.
- Absolutely prolific at youth level
Greenwood scored 31 goals in 30 under-18 games, plus five in five UEFA Youth League matches. He scored three in three FA Youth Cup games, and four in seven under-23 matches, before being fast-tracked to the first team.
- Already a Champions League scorer
Greenwood scored his first Champions League goal for Manchester United against RB Leipzig. It came with his first ever shot in the competition.
- The 20 goal mark
Greenwood scored his 20th United goal in December 2020. He became the youngest United player to do so since Norman Whiteside in 1987.
- Double figures again
Greenwood reached double figures for the second successive season in the win over Roma. He became the second United player to score in five separate competitions in the 2020/21 season, and has now netted in a European semi-final.
- The 30 goal barrier
Greenwood scored his 30th Manchester United goal in August 2021. At just 19, he became one of just three teenagers to do so for the club, along with Whiteside and George Best.
- Reaction as Manchester United set to net £5m loan fee with Anthony Martial exit agreed
- Manager “really pleased” with Manchester United loanee's performances vs league's best
- 7 players who could leave Manchester United before the transfer deadline
- 10 things we learned from Ralf Rangnick's first 10 games in charge at Manchester United
- Ranking Marcus Rashford's 4 Manchester United injury time winning goals
- Manchester United youngster expected to leave the club on loan this month
- Highly-rated Manchester United loanee targeting a World Cup place
- 'We'll wrap him up': Manager provides injury update on 'top performer' Manchester United loanee
- Rangnick challenges Manchester United ace to consistently show his 'quality'