Marcus Rashford and Ravel Morrison are two players tipped for the top who are experiencing very different careers.
Rashford has now scored more Manchester United goals than Eric Cantona (83 in total), while Morrison was jettisoned from Old Trafford by Sir Alex Ferguson and now is a free agent at the age of 28.
Morrison opened up this week in a very enlightening chat with Rio Ferdinand about his career, mistakes, and talked about some cases where he felt he was unfairly treated.
It was a fascinating insight into his career and an effective way in putting aside his side of the story.
Morrison left viewers feeling sympathy for him, wondering about what might have been.
Marcus Rashford reached out to him today, keen to point out that Morrison’s story is not over.
Morrison’s latest stint was with Dutch side ADO Den Haag. He had a spell with Sheffield United last season but failed to earn a regular spot in the side.
Rashford’s message for Morrison was a reminder to him not to give up. He could still have plenty more to give.
His message is not just isolated to football either. Morrison has so much more to offer in life. He might even want to help other youngsters try to avoid some of the scenarios he found himself negotiating during his career.
Rashford once again comes off as a class act. By now you wouldn’t expect anything less.
- Manchester United fans react to Mason Greenwood’s performance
- Cavani needs one more subsitute goal to equal Solskjaer record
- Jack Grealish responds to Dean Henderson’s new look
- Joel Glazer comments in announcement to plan Super League
- ‘Absolute scandal’… Gary Neville rages against proposed European Super League reports and Glazers
- Three big positives from Manchester United’s win over Burnley
- What channel is the Man Utd v Burnley Premier League match on? Kick off time, live stream and latest team news
- Three key questions as Raphael Varane to Manchester United links ramp up