Jadon Sancho is beginning to hit form for Borussia Dortmund after a summer of transfer links to Manchester United.
Not our business any longer? Perhaps. But the rumours are unlikely to ever really go away.
And close friend and international teammate Marcus Rashford continues to add fuel to the fire.
Sancho is beginning to hit form. He scored a free-kick and created four goalscoring opportunities in Dortmund’s Champions League win over Club Brugge last night.
Sure, it’s ‘only Club Brugge’, but Sancho has been consistent in the Champions League. He is averaging 3.3 chances created per game, putting him within the top five in the competition.
BT Sport host Gary Lineker responded to a tweet which said Sancho’s quality is not appreciated enough in England.
Marcus Rashford added his voice to say that Sancho really is rated highly.
The real way for Sancho to increase his reputation would of course be to sign for Manchester United.
United are crying out for a right sided winger, but no deal could be struck with Dortmund in the summer.
Rashford started on the right wing for United in midweek, and did pretty well, leading his side to a 4-1 victory.
The Sancho speculation will remain for next summer. If United have not done any irreparable damage with Dortmund.
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Liverpool
- Solskjaer praises development of full backs Shaw and Wan-Bissaka
- Solskjaer has reportedly rejected loan bids for van de Beek, Tuanzebe and Williams
- Cavani is finally bringing success to Manchester United’s number 7 shirt
- Loan for Facundo Pellistri can work if it fast-tracks his United success
- Fred’s late battling shows why he is so important to United
- Mark Lawrenson is expecting Manchester United to beat Liverpool
- Amad Diallo’s Manchester United debut is looking more and more likely
- Three Portugal based players Manchester United should be monitoring
- Manchester United said to be keen on Bayern youngster Jamal Musiala