Jadon Sancho is beginning to hit form for Borussia Dortmund after a summer of transfer links to Manchester United.
Not our business any longer? Perhaps. But the rumours are unlikely to ever really go away.
And close friend and international teammate Marcus Rashford continues to add fuel to the fire.
Sancho is beginning to hit form. He scored a free-kick and created four goalscoring opportunities in Dortmund’s Champions League win over Club Brugge last night.
Sure, it’s ‘only Club Brugge’, but Sancho has been consistent in the Champions League. He is averaging 3.3 chances created per game, putting him within the top five in the competition.
BT Sport host Gary Lineker responded to a tweet which said Sancho’s quality is not appreciated enough in England.
Marcus Rashford added his voice to say that Sancho really is rated highly.
The real way for Sancho to increase his reputation would of course be to sign for Manchester United.
United are crying out for a right sided winger, but no deal could be struck with Dortmund in the summer.
Rashford started on the right wing for United in midweek, and did pretty well, leading his side to a 4-1 victory.
The Sancho speculation will remain for next summer. If United have not done any irreparable damage with Dortmund.
- Is Man Utd vs Villa on TV? Kick off time, team news and prediction
- Solskjaer says de Gea has been smashing personal bests in United’s fitness tests
- Predicted Manchester United line-up v Aston Villa
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s record against Aston Villa
- David de Gea excited by Cristiano Ronaldo’s early impact
- Solskjaer offers update on Cavani ahead of Villa clash
- Aston Villa boss Smith raves about United loanee Axel Tuanzebe
- Manchester United’s top under-23s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United’s top under-18s scorers and assist leaders for 2021/22
- Manchester United have doubts over signing Declan Rice