Jadon Sancho is beginning to hit form for Borussia Dortmund after a summer of transfer links to Manchester United.
Not our business any longer? Perhaps. But the rumours are unlikely to ever really go away.
And close friend and international teammate Marcus Rashford continues to add fuel to the fire.
Sancho is beginning to hit form. He scored a free-kick and created four goalscoring opportunities in Dortmund’s Champions League win over Club Brugge last night.
Sure, it’s ‘only Club Brugge’, but Sancho has been consistent in the Champions League. He is averaging 3.3 chances created per game, putting him within the top five in the competition.
BT Sport host Gary Lineker responded to a tweet which said Sancho’s quality is not appreciated enough in England.
Marcus Rashford added his voice to say that Sancho really is rated highly.
The real way for Sancho to increase his reputation would of course be to sign for Manchester United.
United are crying out for a right sided winger, but no deal could be struck with Dortmund in the summer.
Rashford started on the right wing for United in midweek, and did pretty well, leading his side to a 4-1 victory.
The Sancho speculation will remain for next summer. If United have not done any irreparable damage with Dortmund.
- Ralf Rangnick’s fingerprints all over potential Manchester United exit
- Manchester United transfer target wins club’s player of the season
- Alejandro Garnacho hears the words he has been waiting for, it should be third time lucky
- Bruno Fernandes and Benni McCarthy react as goalkeeper leaves Manchester United
- Manchester United path to sign Moises Caicedo looks more difficult than ever
- Juventus set to make last-ditch attempt to keep Manchester United transfer target
- Donny van de Beek makes decision on his future, per Fabrizio Romano
- £35m Manchester United target advised to switch to La Liga instead
- 40 goal contributions: Manchester United star has performed beyond expectation
- Jack Butland sends message as he leaves Manchester United and Rangers move announced