A big Manchester United win over Chelsea has got our season back on track.
The victory had elements of luck with two disallowed goals for the Blues, but United took chances clinically.
Anthony Martial and Harry Maguire’s goals were accompanied by online cheerleading from Marcus Rashford, who is currently ruled out through injury.
Rashford posted on social media as soon as strike partner Martial scored his header at the end of the first half.
United’s top goalscorer added another message after Maguire powered home a header in the second half to make it 2-0.
He sent another message out after full-time congratulating his teammates.
Rashford scored the winner in United’s last victory at Stamford Bridge. He wasn’t needed this time.
Unlike absent and silent Paul Pogba, Rashford’s reactions show a player who cares about his teammates and the club.
We may have to wait a month or two, but it will be a joy to see him back with the team.
Tonight showed the intervening months might not be such a desperate wait for him, with United possessing the required quality to beat top teams without him.
- United linked star Camavinga has made more tackles than Wan-Bissaka
- Odion Ighalo sends message to Manchester United fan about his future
- Seven top class Manchester United combinations we’ve barely seen yet
- Andreas Pereira says he wants to stay at United
- Why provisional UEFA plans can benefit Manchester United over rivals