Marcus Rashford gives fitness update as he closes in on return
Manchester United star Marcus Rashford says he hopes to rejoin full training from next week.
Rashford underwent a shoulder operation in the summer and was also able to rehabilitate a foot injury.
The United forward was pictured back in light training earlier this month.
Now he says he will get the chance for a full training return if he is given the green light on Friday.
Return after international break
United play Everton on Saturday and Rashford won’t be involved in that fixture as it will come too soon.
He won’t be in the England squad either, so he will get a couple of weeks of full training, albeit in a limited squad, to prepare for his return.
Rashford’s comeback match is likely to be against Leicester City on October 16.
He will then be eligible for United’s third Champions League fixture, at home to Atalanta, before matches at home to Liverpool and away at Tottenham to end the month.
Amid this gauntlet of tough fixtures, Rashford’s return is perfectly timed, especially with the goals drying up a little.
Rashford scored 21 goals and provided 12 assists last season and he will be will be looking to get close to those numbers this season again despite missing the first couple of months of action.
- Potential £40m signing should signal end of Harry Maguire captaincy at Manchester United
- Jurrien Timber sends message to Tyrell Malacia after Manchester United move confirmed
- 'Very exciting player'… Manager thrilled to snap up 21-year-old after Manchester United release
- Picture: Frenkie de Jong 'likes' agent's post on Tyrell Malacia confirmed Manchester United transfer
- Manchester United could move for free agent replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, Ten Hag reportedly likes him
- Manchester United have just made Malacia move look even better, as big signings await
- 'Here we go'… Manchester United player agrees £13 million exit, says Fabrizio Romano
- Video: Erik ten Hag has one-to-one chat with 21-year-old Manchester United ace in training
- Ten Hag now has Manchester United front three Solskjaer wanted and never picked