Marcos Rojo has three offers from clubs as he reportedly negotiates United pay-off
Marcos Rojo’s stint as Manchester United player could be entering it’s final week.
Rojo is currently in Argentina and is no longer training with the first team squad.
A report from Argentine outlet Infobae says he is in the process of terminating his United contract, which is due to expire this summer.
The report states Rojo expects to be a free agent from January 31st.
Rojo reportedly has options
Boca Juniors are strong favourites to sign Rojo. Vice-president Juan Roman Riquelme has reportedly been in regular contact with him over the past year.
Also fighting for him is former United star Juan Sebastian Veron. He is the president of Estudiantes, who loaned Rojo last year.
Estudiantes have made Rojo an offer and hope he will choose them over Boca Juniors, although they do not have Copa Libertadores football to offer.
The third club in the mix is MLS side LA Galaxy. They are the third club to have approached him and made an offer.
Time to go
United sent Rojo out on loan to Estudiantes last January and it didn’t work out too well. He got injured and played just one game before the league went into lockdown.
This meant there was little market for his services in the summer. His high wages have put teams off making bids for him, leaving United stuck.
It would surely be in Rojo’s interests to get his career going again and actually playing football. It is encouraging that United may be working with him to pay off his contract like Arsenal did with Mesut Ozil.
Rojo, 30, should be flattered that there are three clubs battling it out for his services. His exit is long overdue.
- 'He can completely destroy an opponent': Ten Hag's £14.4m Ajax star raves about former Manchester United boss
- Manchester United XI that could leave this summer, including two France internationals
- 20-year-old Manchester United talent compared to De Ligt could be big winner under Ten Hag
- Ralf Rangnick gets triple injury boost ahead of final game as Manchester United manager
- Brazilian press report Antony is keen to leave Ajax, Manchester United make 'concrete proposal'
- An XI of players that has played with Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi including 3 former Manchester United stars
- Manchester United loanee gets international call despite only 71 minutes action in four months
- Manchester United can take real positive signs from Ajax's two award winners
- Bayern Munich fear wanted star is heading to sign for Manchester United