Cristiano Ronaldo continues to prove the difference for Manchester United and his goalscoring exploits have caught the attention of his former team mate Marcelo.
The 36-year-old’s penalty was enough to see off Norwich City on Saturday and earn Ralf Rangnick back-to-back Premier League 1-0 wins.
United’s number seven now has 13 goals from 16 starts this season. He is showing no signs of slowing down.
Only Diogo Jota (8), Jamie Vardy (9) and Mohamed Salah (14) have scored more goals in the Premier League than the five-time Ballon d’Or winner (7), so far this season, despite him missing the first three games of the season, whilst he was still at Juventus.
Ronaldo’s spot-kick at Carrow Road was his 802nd career goal and his 131st for the Reds, which moved him level with club legend Tommy Taylor.
His latest match-winning moment didn’t go unnoticed with a player who Ronaldo struck up a devastating partnership with during his time at Real Madrid.
Fresh after the crucial win against the Canaries, which made it three Premier League wins in a row for United, Ronaldo posted on Instagram sharing a message with the fans.
Brazilian left-back Marcelo commented on Ronaldo’s post and made a jokey remark about his good friend’s goalscoring prowess.
The Brazilian international witnessed Ronaldo score 450 times for Real Madrid, during their time playing together, but it’s Ronaldo’s longevity and consistency which continues to amaze his peers.
Rangnick will be hoping Ronaldo can prove the difference once again when United travel to Brentford tomorrow night.
- Photo: Martial points to Sevilla badge after signing deal, squad number unveiled, Rashford reacts
- Done deal: Sevilla confirm loan signing of Anthony Martial
- Denis Irwin gives his verdict on Manchester United's competition for places
- Who is the winger with £67m release clause Manchester United are linked with signing?
- 'Good deal'… Rio Ferdinand gives his verdict on Manchester United star's loan exit